It’s that time of year again. As we approach the Thanksgiving holiday weekend in the United States, many of us are preparing for family gatherings, shared meals, and — of course — Worked All Twitter.
Here’s the rundown for the 4th Annual #WATwitter QSO Party:
- Dates: Wednesday, 26 November – Sunday, 30 November 2014
- Who: Any licensed operator, especially those who use Twitter
- Where: All bands, all modes. To let as many people as possible participate, use the portion of the band open to the most people, ie the technician class portion of 10m, the general class portion of 20m, etc.
- Exchange: your normal exchange plus your Twitter handle, especially if it’s not your call sign.
- Spotting: Self-spotting is practically required. Tweet your frequency, interact with people on Twitter, set up skeds, get those states you’re missing for WAS, work old friends for the first time, and make new friends.
- Hashtags on Twitter: #WATwitter and either #hamradio or #hamr. Use these hashtags in your tweets, and search for others who are using them. Interact!
- Have fun! Log your contacts, tweet your tallies to others, but there are no scores or awards. This is about enjoying our hobby and connecting with fellow hams over the long holiday weekend.
Last year some folks organized a net for a chance to have QSOs with even more ham radio & social media friends. Want to do that again this year? Organize a net and put the details in the comments.
Not as active on Twitter as you are on other social media platforms? Join us anyway. Hey, Redditors, this especially means you!
Updates will be made as needed at this same URL.
Spread the word, and we’ll see you on the air.
73 de NR4CB, Connie (on Twitter as @NR4CB)